Debutante

Default I need to have only the values show in a spreadsheet.

I am helping a user add "----" to a blank cell. They want it so that it
centers under the number above it. The spreadsheet keeps showing the formula
"=d47=c34". I want to save it as a new document and have only the values
appear (not sure how it was created).

Please advise.

Thank you.

Gord Dibben

Debutante

First of all, what has that formula to do with adding "----" to a blank cell?

Second of all, if your formula(s) are showing and not values, could be that
you have Formula View enabled.

Hit CTRL + `(backquote above TAB key) to toggle formula view on/off.

If not in formula view, perhaps the cell is formatted as text.

Re-format as General and hit F2 and <ENTER.

To change all formulas to values, select the cells and Copy then(in place)
Paste SpecialValuesOKEsc.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP