Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
neilcarden

Default Replacing sheet reference in multiple cells...

Hi,

I have a sheet with an 'April' column of data referencing cells in an
'Apr06' sheet... Next to that column I have the 'May' one, which I want
to reference cells in 'May06' sheet. I have dragged the formula along
with $C$5 for example, so the cells are correct, but is there anyway I
can replace the Apr06 reference with May06 in one fail swoop??

Thanks

--
neilcarden
neilcarden's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35623

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pete_UK

Highlight the column that you want to change and then CTRL-H (Find &
Replace). In the dialogue box enter:

Find What: Apr06!
Replace With: May06!

then click Replace All.

Hope this helps.

Pete

neilcarden wrote:
Hi,

I have a sheet with an 'April' column of data referencing cells in an
'Apr06' sheet... Next to that column I have the 'May' one, which I want
to reference cells in 'May06' sheet. I have dragged the formula along
with $C$5 for example, so the cells are correct, but is there anyway I
can replace the Apr06 reference with May06 in one fail swoop??

Thanks

--
neilcarden
neilcarden's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35623
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=554887

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
neilcarden

Yes, that works - spot on thanks mate

--
neilcarden
neilcarden's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35623
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=554887

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
lk

You may want to look at Edit Links as an alternative to Replace. I find it
works easier than Replace in some cases.