herbertgroover

Default Pasting formulas to different rows

attempting to copy and paste a formula from one row to another.
When I paste I use the Paste special command and select formulas.
The data in the newly pasted cell shows the calculation from the copied
cell, even though the formula window shows the correct formula for the new
cell.

EX
Cell Q2 has the formula =I2/150, I2 =15973 brings back a value of 106

I paste the formula from Q2 to Q3, the formula is =I3/150. where I3 = 23826
I still get back a value of 106.

When I retype =I3/150 into Q3 I get the correct value.
I have the cells formatted to General.

Please help

Thanks

Michael Malinsky

The only way I was able to duplicate your issue was to turn off the
automatic calculation option, otherwise, I was able to copy and paste the
formula with no problem.

Go to ToolsOptions. Under the Calculation tab, ensure that the Automatic
option is checked. If you would rather leave it off, then pressing F9 after
you copy and paste will manually recalc the sheet and will provide the
desired result.

HTH