Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
MarkN

Default Find the most frequent date

Hello,

I have a list where column A is numbers. Each number occurs many times in
the list. Column B contains dates corresponding to the number in column A.

20 1/1/01
20 1/1/01
20 3/5/04

Once the list is sorted by number, I need to find that number's most
frequently occurring date. In the example above, number 20 would return
1/1/01.

--
Thanks in advance,
MarkN

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Franz Verga

Nel post
*MarkN* ha scritto:

Hello,

I have a list where column A is numbers. Each number occurs many
times in the list. Column B contains dates corresponding to the
number in column A.

20 1/1/01
20 1/1/01
20 3/5/04

Once the list is sorted by number, I need to find that number's most
frequently occurring date. In the example above, number 20 would
return 1/1/01.

--
Thanks in advance,
MarkN

I have solved the above problem.

Would you please say how?

--
(I'm not sure of names of menues, option and commands, because
translating from the Italian version of Excel...)

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Ciao

Franz Verga from Italy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
MarkN

Hi Franz,

I used an array function =MAX(IF($A$2:$A$11=F2,B$2:B$11)) where A2:A11
contains the number to find, F2 is the number to find and B2:B11 contains the
'max' date. I am sure that there are other ways but it works...
--
Thanks,
MarkN

"Franz Verga" wrote: