Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bruiser

Default TimeTables

Ok so basically I'm looking for an easier way to have a school timetable show
up.

essentially, when we are given the list of offered courses we are given both
a timeslot code (1 through 60) and the days/times this code refers to, so i
have a worksheet set up as so

Column Headers: Course Code, Fall/Winter, TimeSlot, (blank), Monday,
Tuesday, ...Friday

And I want to be able to run possibly a script/a function in the
Monday-Friday columns that would allow me to enter any number (between 1 and
60) into the TimeSlot column and have the times come up automatically in the
corresponding day columns with the proper time showing up.

for example ECON 390 is time slot 45, which is monday 10:00 and wednesday
11:30...

I want an easy (and efficient way...by efficient i mean type out the script
once, and then just hack away these timeslots) way to be able to input "ECON
390" in Course Code, "Fall" from the drop down in Fall/Winter, and then put
"45" in Time Slot...under each day the appropriate times would show up
without having to type anything....

is there any way, in Excel XP or 2003 Professional edition to do this, which
may be LESS time consuming than actually manually typing the times in?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
David McRitchie

Hi "Bruiser",
See use of VLOOKUP you want to use False for an Exact match
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/vlookup.htm
---
HTH,