Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Justin

Default IF or IF(AND Function

Expiration /Date/Current Date/Status - Cenerio 1
# Required/# On Hand /Status Cenerio 2

Feb-06/ Jun-06 /ORDER/15/15/NO ORDER

/ indicate seperate cells

I am trying to make a cell that indicates based off of the status of the
cenerio 1 and 2, whether or not we need to order more of this product.

As it is now based off of the expiration date from cenerio 1 it indicates
whether or not we need to order more. and based off of how many we have on
hand whether or not we need to order more of this product. But I want it to
indicate based off of BOTH cenerios whether or not we need to order this
product. How can I setup the spreadsheet to indicate this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
pdberger

Justin --

Here's one way:

1 10
2 20
3
4 =IF(AND(A1<20,A2<25,"Order!","Don't!")

HTH

"Justin" wrote:

Expiration /Date/Current Date/Status - Cenerio 1
# Required/# On Hand /Status Cenerio 2

Feb-06/ Jun-06 /ORDER/15/15/NO ORDER

/ indicate seperate cells

I am trying to make a cell that indicates based off of the status of the
cenerio 1 and 2, whether or not we need to order more of this product.

As it is now based off of the expiration date from cenerio 1 it indicates
whether or not we need to order more. and based off of how many we have on
hand whether or not we need to order more of this product. But I want it to
indicate based off of BOTH cenerios whether or not we need to order this
product. How can I setup the spreadsheet to indicate this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Justin

I'm not sure how this way would help out my senerio situation, because it
depends on the expiration date and the actual date, and senario two depends
on how many we want to keep on hand compared to how many we have on hand.

"pdberger" wrote:

Justin --

Here's one way:

1 10
2 20
3
4 =IF(AND(A1<20,A2<25,"Order!","Don't!")

HTH

"Justin" wrote:

Expiration /Date/Current Date/Status - Cenerio 1
# Required/# On Hand /Status Cenerio 2

Feb-06/ Jun-06 /ORDER/15/15/NO ORDER

/ indicate seperate cells

I am trying to make a cell that indicates based off of the status of the
cenerio 1 and 2, whether or not we need to order more of this product.

As it is now based off of the expiration date from cenerio 1 it indicates
whether or not we need to order more. and based off of how many we have on
hand whether or not we need to order more of this product. But I want it to
indicate based off of BOTH cenerios whether or not we need to order this
product. How can I setup the spreadsheet to indicate this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Toppers

Can you write the "rule":

e.g if "Expiration Date = ..... AND/OR "quantity on hand" = ....... then
do .... else do.

"Justin" wrote:

I'm not sure how this way would help out my senerio situation, because it
depends on the expiration date and the actual date, and senario two depends
on how many we want to keep on hand compared to how many we have on hand.

"pdberger" wrote:

Justin --

Here's one way:

1 10
2 20
3
4 =IF(AND(A1<20,A2<25,"Order!","Don't!")

HTH

"Justin" wrote:

Expiration /Date/Current Date/Status - Cenerio 1
# Required/# On Hand /Status Cenerio 2

Feb-06/ Jun-06 /ORDER/15/15/NO ORDER

/ indicate seperate cells

I am trying to make a cell that indicates based off of the status of the
cenerio 1 and 2, whether or not we need to order more of this product.

As it is now based off of the expiration date from cenerio 1 it indicates
whether or not we need to order more. and based off of how many we have on
hand whether or not we need to order more of this product. But I want it to
indicate based off of BOTH cenerios whether or not we need to order this
product. How can I setup the spreadsheet to indicate this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
pdberger

Justin -
I was presenting the general structure of the If(And... approach rather than
focusing on the specific solution. Here's something w/ dates, which says
that if we have less than 30, and that it's more than two weeks after a date
specified in cell A1, then we should order. Otherwise, don't

1 June 10, 2006
2 25
3
4 =IF(AND(A2<=30,TODAY()=A1+14),"Order!","Don't!")

HTH

"Justin" wrote:

I'm not sure how this way would help out my senerio situation, because it
depends on the expiration date and the actual date, and senario two depends
on how many we want to keep on hand compared to how many we have on hand.

"pdberger" wrote:

Justin --

Here's one way:

1 10
2 20
3
4 =IF(AND(A1<20,A2<25,"Order!","Don't!")

HTH