Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Cat

Default TROUBLE RENAMING A WORKSHEET IN EXCEL 2000

I am getting the message that i've either entered a wrong symbol, used too
many letters..., but i did not and now it won't take any name. On the other
worksheet the extension xls appeared on the tab. And I can't close anything
or save my Excel file. HELP!!!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Don Guillett

Perhaps you mean workBOOK instead of worksheet??
what did you try to name it?

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Cat" wrote in message
I am getting the message that i've either entered a wrong symbol, used too
many letters..., but i did not and now it won't take any name. On the
other
worksheet the extension xls appeared on the tab. And I can't close
anything
or save my Excel file. HELP!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Peo Sjoblom

I would copy all info over to a new workbook, I think I saw something
similar and it was impossible to rename the sheet

so copy over all correctly named sheets to another workbook by right
clicking the tab and selecting move or copy and for the corrupt sheet if you
have any formulas do edit replace = with ^^=, select the whole sheet and
copy it, then paste it into a new sheet in the new workbook, when copied
over reverse the replace and replace ^^= with =, then rename the sheet.
Don't use illegal characters this time

Peo Sjoblom

Excel 95 - Excel 2007
Northwest Excel Solutions
www.nwexcelsolutions.com
if you are in one stop digging." Lord Healey