Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Stephanie

Default If A1 has a #, that is displayed, if D1 has a # that is displayed

I am trying to modify an ininventory count sheet. I would like the final
column to read current inventory value, whether it be Monday or Friday.
So, if there is a # in A1, it display's that. However if there is a # in
D12, it display's that...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Elkar

Try this:

=IF(D12<"",D12,IF(A1<"",A1,""))

This searches D12 first. If D12 contains data, it is displayed. If not, it
looks at A1. If A1 contains data, it is displayed. If neither contain data,
then nothing is displayed.

If you'd rather search A1 first, just switch the cell references in the
formula.

HTH,
Elkar