Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
digisummo

Default [sorting rows]

Hello everyone,

I am trying to sort part numbers from column1 but I want the
descriptions which are in other columns 3-10 to follow the numbers. I
want to use the sort command but I think it will only sort column 1 and
not take the descriptions and other information purtaining to that
number in the other columns. How can i tell excel to take the
horizontal data in the other columns with it?
Hopefuly I haven't confused anyone to much here.
Thanks in advance for the help. Here is the file.
-Nate

|Filename: Aeron parts4682945.zip |
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=4897 |

digisummo
digisummo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35495
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=552663

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Tim M

It will sort whatever columns you hilight. so you can left click and hilight
all the cells you want sorted. Then it will ask you what you want to sort
by, you will chose the part number column. It will then sort by part number
and will take the descriptions and such along with it. (Thus it will bring
the proper description along with the proper part number as long as you
hi-lite both of those rows in the original sort.0