Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
yhtak

Default Counting unique records

I am trying to count unique entries in one filtered column of a multi column,
multi-row spreadsheet. Is this possible? e.g.

872T56OM17
872T56OM17
872T56OH17
etc
etc
(up to 26K rows)
Thanks is advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CLR

Maybe..........

=SUBTOTAL(3,A:A)

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"yhtak" wrote:

I am trying to count unique entries in one filtered column of a multi column,
multi-row spreadsheet. Is this possible? e.g.

872T56OM17
872T56OM17
872T56OH17
etc
etc
(up to 26K rows)
Thanks is advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Otto Moehrbach

I assume you mean the number of times a given entry appears in the whole
list. If this is what you want:

Try using the COUNTIF function.

In row 1 of some empty column type: =COUNTIF($A$1:$A$3000,A1)

and copy it down as far as your data goes. This assumes that the column you
want to count is Column A. As written, this formula assumes you have 3000
entries. Change that to your actual number of entries.

The formula produces a number in every cell that has the formula. That
number is the number of entries that your list has of the entry in Column A
in the same row. In other words, if row 17, Column A, has "Hello" in it,
the cell in row 17 of the column that has the formulas will have the number
of times that "hello" appears in your list. HTH Otto

"yhtak" wrote in message

I am trying to count unique entries in one filtered column of a multi
column,
multi-row spreadsheet. Is this possible? e.g.

872T56OM17
872T56OM17
872T56OH17
etc
etc
(up to 26K rows)
Thanks is advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bruno Campanini

"yhtak" wrote in message
I am trying to count unique entries in one filtered column of a multi
column,
multi-row spreadsheet. Is this possible? e.g.

872T56OM17
872T56OM17
872T56OH17
etc