Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jeannette

Default complex average formula

We have a new tiered commission plan and I am trying to make a sheet that
shows the marketing reps how much revenue they have to bring in the following
month to average the amount needed to stay in the same tier and another
formula to show how much they need to bring in the following month to average
the amount needed for the next tier.

I have an equation that shows the information, but have not been able to
enter it as a formula into excel.

y + x / m /= z

y = revenue ytd total
z = tier level $ amount
x = new goal amt/current goal amt
m = no of months ytd

--
Jeannette
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CarlosAntenna

I'm not sure I understand the question. It sounds like you want to solve
for x. Could you give us some numbers and expected results.

--
Carlos

"Jeannette" wrote in message
We have a new tiered commission plan and I am trying to make a sheet that
shows the marketing reps how much revenue they have to bring in the

following
month to average the amount needed to stay in the same tier and another
formula to show how much they need to bring in the following month to

average
the amount needed for the next tier.

I have an equation that shows the information, but have not been able to
enter it as a formula into excel.

y + x / m /= z

y = revenue ytd total
z = tier level $ amount
x = new goal amt/current goal amt
m = no of months ytd

--
Jeannette

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jeannette

yes, i want to solve for X.

Y = YTD Total Fees = 58913
y = revenue ytd total = 58913
z = tier level $ amount = 16000
x = new goal amt/current goal amt = ? (should be 37087)
m = no of months ytd = 6

I have no clue how to put it in excel

--
Jeannette

"Jeannette" wrote in message
We have a new tiered commission plan and I am trying to make a sheet that
shows the marketing reps how much revenue they have to bring in the

following
month to average the amount needed to stay in the same tier and another
formula to show how much they need to bring in the following month to

average
the amount needed for the next tier.

I have an equation that shows the information, but have not been able to
enter it as a formula into excel.

y + x / m /= z

y = revenue ytd total
z = tier level $ amount
x = new goal amt/current goal amt
m = no of months ytd

--
Jeannette

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CarlosAntenna

A1 = 58913
A2 = 16000
A3 = 6
A4 =(A2*A3)-A1

For cells a1:a3 just type in your numbers.
In cell A4 type the equation above starting with =.

--
Carlos