Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Formula for computing day of the week and time

I have a cell containing information in the following format:

Mon 6/12/2006 2:56 PM

I would like to break this into 3 individual cells for day (spelled out
IE Monday) date and time.

I would also like a formula to convert 2:56 PM into something more
generic like "Afternoon" or "Early AM"

Any help would be appreciated thanx.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

=TEXT(A1,"dddd")

=INT(A1) formatted as date

=SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(TEXT(MOD(A1,1),"h:mm
AM/PM"),"AM","Morning"),"PM","Afternoon")

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a cell containing information in the following format:

Mon 6/12/2006 2:56 PM

I would like to break this into 3 individual cells for day (spelled out
IE Monday) date and time.

I would also like a formula to convert 2:56 PM into something more
generic like "Afternoon" or "Early AM"

Any help would be appreciated thanx.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I'm afraid these formulas did not work. The first one simply mirrored
the A1 Cell, the second and third ones said there was an error with the
formula. Any idea's as to why they are not working?

Bob Phillips wrote:
=TEXT(A1,"dddd")

=INT(A1) formatted as date

=SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(TEXT(MOD(A1,1),"h:mm
AM/PM"),"AM","Morning"),"PM","Afternoon")

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a cell containing information in the following format:

Mon 6/12/2006 2:56 PM

I would like to break this into 3 individual cells for day (spelled out
IE Monday) date and time.

I would also like a formula to convert 2:56 PM into something more
generic like "Afternoon" or "Early AM"

Any help would be appreciated thanx.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

The only thing I can think is that the cell is text, not a date/time format.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

ups.com...

Bob Phillips wrote:
=TEXT(A1,"dddd")

=INT(A1) formatted as date

=SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(TEXT(MOD(A1,1),"h:mm
AM/PM"),"AM","Morning"),"PM","Afternoon")

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

oups.com...