Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Need step by step instructions to try, not a demo. Can't remember

I am trying to use a template (blood sugar) and have two problems. I need
more columnsz but can't seem to format them the same. 2. I want to have a
cell with two devided cells under it as in first and last names only this
will be insulin dosage and 2 types of insulin. I can't follow the demo
because i can't remember the steps. My help seems sometimes to give answers
to something besides what I ask so I am really having problems. Also will I
still have the template if i don't save this emssed up file --- unless i can
fix it.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Otto Moehrbach

Your last question is the only one I can answer. Yes, if you haven't saved
the file (template), you can close the file, click on No when asked if you
want to save it.
Now I'll take a stab at one of the other questions. You want to have 2
columns for types of insulin. You also want to place a header (one header)
over both columns that says Insulin Dosage. You will need 2 rows for your
headers. Say the 2 columns are A & B starting with row 1. Do this:
In A1 type "Insulin Dosage" without the quotes. Now select A1 & B1
together. Click on Format - Cells - Alignment tab - Horizontal: down arrow.
Select "Center across selection". Click OK. That centers that heading
across A1:B1.
Now in A2 type one of the insulin types and the other in B2. The rest of
your headers would then go in row 2. Please post back with more specifics
about what you have and what you want. HTH Otto