Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
pete321

Default Difficult IF Function (For me at least) help

hi, I've been playing with an if function i just cant figure out for
about close to an hour, i figure it will be much faster just asking
someone experienced.

I have three columns. A, B, C lets say

Each have many rows of data in them

the function im trying to do is, "if the Sum of Column A is between 25
and 35% of the sum of columns A, B and C make the cell Green, if not,
make it red?

another easier question that i need is "If sum of column D is between
470 and 530 make cell green color, if not, make red"

if the color thing is too hard to do, ill just make it say true false
or whatever, just would be more aesthically pleasing if it was red or
green. The main thing is the formula

thanks in advance

--
pete321
pete321's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35354

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Biff

Hi!

the function im trying to do is, "if the Sum of Column A is between 25
and 35% of the sum of columns A, B and C make the cell Green, if not,
make it red?

Adjust the ranges in the below formulas to meet your needs.

Select the cell you want to color
Goto FormatConditional Formatting
Condition 1
Formula Is:
=AND(SUM(A1:A10)/SUM(A1:C10)=0.25,SUM(A1:A10)/SUM(A1:C10)<=0.35)
Click the format button
Select a GREEN fill pattern
OK
Clcick Add
Condition 2
Formula Is:
=--AND(SUM(A1:A10)/SUM(A1:C10)=0.25,SUM(A1:A10)/SUM(A1:C10)<=0.35)=0
Click the Format button
Select a RED fill pattern
OK out.

another easier question that i need is "If sum of column D is between
470 and 530 make cell green color, if not, make red"

After doing it for the above you should be able to figure this one out!

Biff

"pete321" wrote in
message ...

[...]

Custom functions calculating time arguments Help Desperate Bill_De Excel Worksheet Functions 12 April 25th 06 02:22 AM
How can I use Excel to solve an equation? titina Excel Worksheet Functions 4 April 11th 06 11:19 PM
Date & Time mully New Users to Excel 4 May 23rd 05 11:56 AM
Conversion SVC Excel Worksheet Functions 9 February 28th 05 02:29 PM
HOW CAN I GET OFFICE 2003 EXCEL BASIC TO NEST FUNCTIONS LIKE EXCE. Robert AS Excel Worksheet Functions 4 December 2nd 04 10:49 AM