Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
bsmith69

Default Using formulas to source a value based on 2 variables

Hi there,
I'm stuck on a puzzling formula I'm creating for a client, and am in
desperate need of help.
What I want to do (and have done) is set up 2 drop down menus.
My drop down menus are in column A, Row 1 and 2.

Drop down 1 - looks up a list of publications (Column C)
Drop down 2 - looks up months (Row 1, Column D-O)

What I want to do is when my client drops down the publication they
want, and the month they want, it will tell me the cost of that
publication in A3.

I have attached my example of what I'm trying to do.
All help would be greatly appreciated.
Kind regards,
Bsmith69
4888

|Filename: Sample.zip |
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=4888 |

bsmith69
bsmith69's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35419
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=551894

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

=INDEX(C1:O4,MATCH(A1,C1:C4,0),MATCH(A2,C1:O1,0))

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"bsmith69" wrote in

[...]