Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
webster

Default Using countif with a name of a range

I want to count percentages in a range of cells that are not contiques. I
have named the involved cells. When I use =countif(Janmon,"=85%") it returns
#Value.

For example the range would be D15:Q25 then D25:Q35. It's name is Janmon.

Why does it return #value? What is the correct formula?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi
Try this:
=countif(Janmon,"="& .85)

Andy.

"webster" wrote in message
I want to count percentages in a range of cells that are not contiques. I
have named the involved cells. When I use =countif(Janmon,"=85%") it
returns
#Value.

For example the range would be D15:Q25 then D25:Q35. It's name is Janmon.

Why does it return #value? What is the correct formula?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Marcelo

Hi,

why not to use =countif(d15:q25,"85%")+countif(d25:q35,"85&")

regards from Brazil
Marcelo

"webster" escreveu:

I want to count percentages in a range of cells that are not contiques. I
have named the involved cells. When I use =countif(Janmon,"=85%") it returns
#Value.

For example the range would be D15:Q25 then D25:Q35. It's name is Janmon.

Why does it return #value? What is the correct formula?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

I don't think you can do it with the name, it always seems to return #VALUE
no matter what I try, but you can with the ranges

=SUM(COUNTIF(INDIRECT({"D15:Q25","D25:Q35"}),"=85% "))

you do realise however that if there is a value in row 25 for =85%, it will
count twice?

--

HTH

Bob Phillips