Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Nick I

Default Total Minutes

Hi, I have two Date/Time fields in this format:

Field A
5/18/06 10:58 AM

Field B
5/24/06 1:10 PM

What I want to do, is have a field that takes the difference between Field B
- Field A, and returns the TOTAL MINUTES. Is this possible? I am not very
good with Excel.

Thanks!

Nick

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi

Just subtract one from the other ( =B1-A1 ) and format the result as [mm]

Hope this helps.
Andy.

"Nick I" wrote in message
Hi, I have two Date/Time fields in this format:

Field A
5/18/06 10:58 AM

Field B
5/24/06 1:10 PM

What I want to do, is have a field that takes the difference between Field
- Field A, and returns the TOTAL MINUTES. Is this possible? I am not very
good with Excel.

Thanks!

Nick

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Paul Mathews

Could try something like this

=Round((B1-A1)*24*60,0)

"Nick I" wrote:

Hi, I have two Date/Time fields in this format:

Field A
5/18/06 10:58 AM

Field B
5/24/06 1:10 PM

What I want to do, is have a field that takes the difference between Field B
- Field A, and returns the TOTAL MINUTES. Is this possible? I am not very
good with Excel.

Thanks!

Nick

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Subtracting one date from the other gives the number of days between
them. Multiplying that difference by 1440 (24 hours a day and 60
minutes an hour) will give you the total number of minutes between the
two dates.