-   -   how do i save a large amount of data in a worksheet excel 4 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/93658-how-do-i-save-large-amount-data-worksheet-excel-4-a.html)

Rana

how do i save a large amount of data in a worksheet excel 4

Good morning,
My problem is that the sample i'm working on is of 20,000 observations and
it's an Excel file, when i try to save a copy of my excel file in a
"worksheet Microsoft Excel 4" so i can read it on TSP programm, I loose some
of my observations because the "worksheet Microsoft Excel 4" format cannot
have more than 16 318 rows.
I tried to save my data as a .txt file but it didn't work also cause TSP
couldn't read it, TSP is only able to read data from "worksheet Microsoft
Excel 4".
what can i do to save my large amount of data in such format without loosing
any of my data.
thank you in advance
Rana

[email protected]

how do i save a large amount of data in a worksheet excel 4

Split your data into two sets of 10,000 records, save each one as excel
4 - it's the only way I can think of to save as Excel 4 and stay within
the limitations of that version.