Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default EXCEL HELP

I want to set up ac accounting system in excel. However i want to be
able to have a check register and a cash register worksheet, but i want
to be able to do the following:

when i type the date, vender, account, and price into the checkbook
register i want that whole row of info to tranasfer to another
worksheet that is just for that vender. How do I do This? and How do i
set up my checkbook to do this for each vender for the month.

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Arvi Laanemets

Hi

And whenever you have a new vendor, you redesign your workbook! A bad idea,
I think!

Better keep all transactions on a single sheet, where all entries (except a
couple of register sheets like Vendors, Accounts etc.) are made. And design
some report sheet(s), where you p.e. can select month and vendor, and all
data for selected conditions are displayed. You can have various such report
sheets, everyone with different kind of report, all of them getting data
from transactions sheet.

Arvi Laanemets

oups.com...