Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Innovman 2006

Default How do I open several worksheets from the same workbook on screen

I would like to open and edit several worksheets (compare side by side) at
the same time to make changes and use formulas from one to the other. I know
that this is possible when you work on two separately named workbooks (i.e.
book1.xls and book2.xls) but can it be done from same workbook. In order to
complete a summary sheet, I had to rename the file so both will open at the
same time. Is there a way to open sheet one, delete sheet called Product and
replace it with Product1 one from another workbook without loosing the link
and formulas between Product1 (new workbook) and the original workbook
Summary sheet? I know this is convulted sorry...
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron Coderre

Try this:

Minimize any workbooks you don't need immediately
Then...
<window<new window
(Repeat for as many windows as you need)

Then
<window<arrange...select the configuration you want
Change the displayed sheet on each window

Does that help?
***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"Innovman 2006" wrote:

I would like to open and edit several worksheets (compare side by side) at
the same time to make changes and use formulas from one to the other. I know
that this is possible when you work on two separately named workbooks (i.e.
book1.xls and book2.xls) but can it be done from same workbook. In order to
complete a summary sheet, I had to rename the file so both will open at the
same time. Is there a way to open sheet one, delete sheet called Product and
replace it with Product1 one from another workbook without loosing the link
and formulas between Product1 (new workbook) and the original workbook
Summary sheet? I know this is convulted sorry...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Innovman 2006

Default How do I open several worksheets from the same workbook on scr

Thanks Ron, however, the problem that I am having is, when I try to open the
same workbook (A) twice, (new window for each) and work on Sheet # 1 for this
workbook and Sheet #2 from the same workbook (A), then I get a message that
the second workbook (A) is read only and I can not make any changes to
worksheet #2. I have tried to work around this problem but it does not seem
to work, even if I go into properties and attempt to delete the read only box
check I can not edit sheet # 2 from Workbook (A). Frustrating....

"Innovman 2006" wrote:

I would like to open and edit several worksheets (compare side by side) at
the same time to make changes and use formulas from one to the other. I know
that this is possible when you work on two separately named workbooks (i.e.
book1.xls and book2.xls) but can it be done from same workbook. In order to
complete a summary sheet, I had to rename the file so both will open at the
same time. Is there a way to open sheet one, delete sheet called Product and
replace it with Product1 one from another workbook without loosing the link
and formulas between Product1 (new workbook) and the original workbook
Summary sheet? I know this is convulted sorry...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron Coderre

You don't have to open the same workbook TWICE....Just open it ONCE.

The <window<new window command creates another window for the SAME
workbook that you are in. While those windows pertain to the same workbook,
they can be adjusted to display different ranges or different sheets in that
book.

Does that help?
Regards,
Ron