Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jamie G.

Default Arranging Names in a cell

I have a large list of people who are listed Last name first in a cell. I
want to show the names in that cell to be First Name & then Last name. How
can I accomplish this?

Thanks

Jamei

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Barb Reinhardt

You'll have to do this step wise.

First, parse out the first and last names into different cells (see
functions MID, LEFT and RIGHT)
Then concatenate them back together the way you want. (see CONCATENATE)

"Jamie G." wrote:

I have a large list of people who are listed Last name first in a cell. I
want to show the names in that cell to be First Name & then Last name. How
can I accomplish this?

Thanks

Jamei

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jamie G.

If my names are all different lenghts how do I select the length??
If a comma seperates the first and last name can I use that? If so how
would i do that? Thanks again

Jamie

"Jamie G." wrote:

I have a large list of people who are listed Last name first in a cell. I
want to show the names in that cell to be First Name & then Last name. How
can I accomplish this?

Thanks

Jamei

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jamie G.

Now that I think about it, stripping out the first name and placing it in a
different cell would also accomplish my goal. Any ideas...

"Jamie G." wrote:

I have a large list of people who are listed Last name first in a cell. I
want to show the names in that cell to be First Name & then Last name. How
can I accomplish this?

Thanks

Jamei

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
David Biddulph

"Jamie G." wrote in message
I have a large list of people who are listed Last name first in a cell. I
want to show the names in that cell to be First Name & then Last name.
How
can I accomplish this?

You could try Data/ Text to Columns
then concatenate the other way round.