Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Sophie

Default alphabetcal order

I have trouble in organizing a worksheet on excel:
I have a list of names, and underneath few rows with details about the
names. I grouped them so that i can only see the names. But now i cannot get
the names in alphabetical order. how can i do to have both the grouped rows
and the names in alphabetical order? (the details under the names should also
follow the names when sorted in alphabetical order.)
thank you for your help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Arvi Laanemets

Hi

Redesign your worksheet as a table, where all data for every person are on a
single row - a certain type of data in certain column. So you also avoid
much of trouble later, when you want p.e. get some person data into another
table, or when you want to generate some summary data.

--
Arvi Laanemets
( My real mail address: arvi.laanemets<attarkon.ee )

"Sophie" wrote in message
I have trouble in organizing a worksheet on excel:
I have a list of names, and underneath few rows with details about the
names. I grouped them so that i can only see the names. But now i cannot
get
the names in alphabetical order. how can i do to have both the grouped
rows
and the names in alphabetical order? (the details under the names should
also
follow the names when sorted in alphabetical order.)
thank you for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
MyVeryOwnSelf

Redesign your worksheet as a table, where all data for every person
are on a single row - a certain type of data in certain column. So you
also avoid much of trouble later, when you want p.e. get some person
data into another table, or when you want to generate some summary
data.

Also, when you need a view that's easier for somebody to read, you can use
(for example) Excel pivot table or Word mail merge.