Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CERYD

Default DCOUNT / COUNT IF???

I need Help
I have a Workbook and I want to be able to Take the Last worksheet and total
the information on the Other 6 Worksheets But Im Having Problems.

Ive Tried DCOUNT and Count IF

My Main Proble is I Want to Find Out if Coulmn C Equals a Certain Name
Then Count the Number of Instances of The Word Yes in Coulmn K for those
Values that Are True in Coulmn C

I dont know if thats Clear Enough or not let me Know Please
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Peo Sjoblom

You can use either DCOUNTA or SUMPRODUCT

Assume headers are in row 4 and data starts in row 5 ends in row 50,

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A5:A50=G2),--(K5:K50=H2))

where G2 holds the name and H2 holds "Yes"

to get the same result you would need to use DCOUNTA not DCOUNT

=DCOUNTA(A4:K50,"Header_range_K",G1:H2)

where G1 holds the header of the A range and H1 the header of the K range
G2 the name and H2 "Yes"

Peo Sjoblom

Excel 95 - Excel 2007
Northwest Excel Solutions
www.nwexcelsolutions.com
if you are in one stop digging." Lord Healey