Robert

Default how do I hide cell value

I am using this formula. =if(isblank(d6),sum(c7), sum(c7+d6))... which
would be for cell D7. It works so that if cell D6 is blank, then it takes
it's value from the neighboring C7... otherwise, it just adds C7 and D6 to
get D7. It works fine, however, I want to know if I can get D7 to LOOK empty
but hold the value from the formula when C6 was indeed empty. I've seen how
to use conditional formatting to If is = to 0 then white.. but, can I use
that somehow to color out the value that would be from the C7 value?
Max

Try this:

You have the formula in D7:

=IF(ISBLANK(D6),C7,C7+D6)

[ it's the same formula as posted,
but minus the SUM(...) bits which are not required]

Select D7, and conditionally format it with
Formula Is: =ISBLANK(D6)
Format the font as "white"
(to mask/blend-in with the default fill color)

The above should give you the effect that you want in D7
--
Rgds
Max