Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
penglvr

Default Formatting smallest number in a range?

How do I make the smallest number in a specific range show up as red? I need
to automatically be able to see what is the lowest price on a certain item
between three different companies without doing it by hand every time there's
a price change. Any help is appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi

You should have a look at Format/Conditional Format. If you numbers are in
column A, select the whole column and use the Formula Is option with this
formula:
=A1=MIN(A:A)

Hope this helps.
Andy.

"penglvr" wrote in message
How do I make the smallest number in a specific range show up as red? I
need
to automatically be able to see what is the lowest price on a certain item
between three different companies without doing it by hand every time
there's
a price change. Any help is appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
penglvr

Yes, it does help - somewhat. What does the first =A1= represent? My numbers
are in rows and don't start at the beginning of a row. For example:
A B C D
3 Flooring $32 $30 $21
I used =B3=MIN(B3:D3) which worked but when I format the next row:
4 Carpet $15 $12 $20
with =B4=MIN(B4:D4) it formats the 2 lowest values.
I thank you for what you have given me so far. I'm very happy that this is
at least possible.
Amy

"penglvr" wrote in message
How do I make the smallest number in a specific range show up as red? I
need
to automatically be able to see what is the lowest price on a certain item
between three different companies without doing it by hand every time
there's
a price change. Any help is appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi
You've selected the column, so A1 is the active cell (inverse). Your formula
has to refer to that cell. So it compares A1 with the whole of the A column.
When the whole column is done at once, the format automatically increments
itself down the rest of the cells.

Andy.