Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Freddo

Default Name

I am doing a formula in excel and it is bring up the result of #NAME? how do
I produce the result as blank
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

#NAME indicates an error in the formula - what is your formula?

Freddo wrote:
I am doing a formula in excel and it is bring up the result of #NAME? how do
I produce the result as blank

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
David Biddulph

"Freddo" wrote in message
I am doing a formula in excel and it is bring up the result of #NAME? how
do
I produce the result as blank

You could use =IF(ISERROR(your formula),"",your formula)
but a result of #NAME? implies that your formula is wrong.
--
David Biddulph

Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddo
I am doing a formula in excel and it is bring up the result of #NAME? how do
I produce the result as blank
If you are ok with the fact that the name specified wasn't found then you could use =if(iserror( your formula ),"", your formula )
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Chip Pearson

You get a NAME error when your formula has a misnamed function or
is attempting to use a defined name that does not exist. If the
function you are using is part of the Analysis ToolPak, you'll
need to load that add-in. Go to the Tools menu, choose Add-Ins,
and put a check next to Analysis ToolPak.

You should post here the formula that is giving you the error.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson