Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
nexor

Default sequential invoice numbering

Hi there,
I have designed my own invoice in exel, in the same workbook as the invoice
I have an invoicing sheet with a custom invoice no's. collum and a client
name collum, to keep record of invoice numbers that had been used. What I
need is to prevent duplicating invoice numbers by way of a formula that can
generate the next available invoice number.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Simon Lloyd

Private Sub Worksheet_Activate()
Sheets("Invoice Form").Select
ActiveSheet.Unprotect
Range("A1") = Range("A1").Value + 1
End Sub
If you put this in the worksheet code every time you return to the
sheet it will increment the value of A1 by 1, make sure there is a
value there every time you open the workbook to that sheet or come back
to that sheet it will increase the number.......Crude but it works!
P.s you can always set the value of the cell to be a figure

HTH
Simon

--
Simon Lloyd