Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Cmonroe

Default Formula Needed to Compare Dates and return a running total

I am trying to create a formula that will compare an employee's hire date to
the date of a training class. If the hire date before the training class
then count that employee's clock number and if the hire date is after the
training class do not count that employee's clock number. Is there away to do
this.

Example Spreadsheet:

Hire Date Employee Clock# Training Class Date
4/15/06 Doe, John 1234 1/6/06

My goal is to create a summary sheet that determines the average of
completion for each class and for the enitre company.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Cmonroe

Gary, this is as far as I can get. I am fairly new to formulas. Please
help. Here is my logic.

If the employee's Hire Date (E2:E466) is before Training Date (U468:AZ468)
then count the employee's clock number and keep a running total. I do not
know if this is possible.

"Gary L Brown" wrote:

Take a look at the SumIf and CountIf functions.
HTH,
--
Gary Brown

If this post was helpful, please click the ''Yes'' button next to ''Was this
Post Helpfull to you?''.