Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
DamiaoPastana

Default How to define the 1st, 2nd and 3rd element

This is my first thread, please consider that I´m a brazilian guy and my
english is not so good! ;)

I´m trying to get the 1st, 2nd and the 3rd element from a list of 3
elements that are a sum of product evaluation results, in 3 categories
M C and I.

I would like to indicate the order: MCI or MIC or ICM, CMI, etc

To get the 1st, I´m using the MAX
To get the 3rd, I´m using the MIN
and to get the 2nd, I´m doing the formula:
=
OFFSET($P$5,1,6-(CORRESP(MÁX($Q$5:$S$5),$Q$5:$S$5,0)+CORRESP(MÍN($ Q$5:$S$5),$Q$5:$S$5,0)))
- CORRESPis in portuguese!

There are some different way to take this? Some thing like, an array
and indicating the "second" element into the list, even so that this
list is not ordered!

Thanks in advantage!

Damião

--
DamiaoPastana
DamiaoPastana's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35177

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

In English

=LARGE($Q$5:$S$5,2)

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"DamiaoPastana"
wrote in message
news:DamiaoPastana.29230z_1149723902.4094@excelfor um-nospam.com...

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Marcelo

Damiao,

você conseguiu com a dica do Bob?
Did you get, with the Bob tip?

Marcelo

"Bob Phillips" escreveu:

In English

=LARGE($Q$5:$S$5,2)

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"DamiaoPastana"
wrote in message
news:DamiaoPastana.29230z_1149723902.4094@excelfor um-nospam.com...

This is my first thread, please consider that I´m a brazilian guy and my
english is not so good! ;)

I´m trying to get the 1st, 2nd and the 3rd element from a list of 3
elements that are a sum of product evaluation results, in 3 categories
M C and I.

I would like to indicate the order: MCI or MIC or ICM, CMI, etc

To get the 1st, I´m using the MAX
To get the 3rd, I´m using the MIN
and to get the 2nd, I´m doing the formula:
=

OFFSET($P$5,1,6-(CORRESP(MÃX($Q$5:$S$5),$Q$5:$S$5,0)+CORRESP(MÃN ($Q$5:$S$5),
$Q$5:$S$5,0)))
- CORRESPis in portuguese!

There are some different way to take this? Some thing like, an array
and indicating the "second" element into the list, even so that this
list is not ordered!

Thanks in advantage!

Damião

--
DamiaoPastana
DamiaoPastana's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=549741

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
DamiaoPastana

So easy....

Marcelo, Bob´s tip help me!;)

Thank you Bob!

PS.: Marcelo, are you a Brazilian? (Você é brasileiro?)