Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
UllidIreland

Default protect sheets against cutting / pasting

(possibly as an option when protecting sheets)
cells can be protected within a worksheet but this does not prevent novice
users from cutting (sometimes accidentally by clicking/dragging) and pasting
to other unprotected areas, which may materially affect the integrity of the
spreadsheet

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...et.f unctions
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bearacade

I got this from OzGrid,

Put this in ThisWorkbook

Private Sub Workbook_Activate()
Dim oCtrl As Office.CommandBarControl

'Disable all Cut menus
For Each oCtrl In Application.CommandBars.FindControls(ID:=21)
oCtrl.Enabled = False
Next oCtrl

'Disable all Copy menus
For Each oCtrl In Application.CommandBars.FindControls(ID:=19)
oCtrl.Enabled = False
Next oCtrl

Application.CellDragAndDrop = False

End Sub

Private Sub Workbook_Deactivate()
Dim oCtrl As Office.CommandBarControl

'Enable all Cut menus
For Each oCtrl In Application.CommandBars.FindControls(ID:=21)
oCtrl.Enabled = True
Next oCtrl

'Enable all Copy menus
For Each oCtrl In Application.CommandBars.FindControls(ID:=19)
oCtrl.Enabled = True
Next oCtrl

Application.CellDragAndDrop = True

End Sub

Private Sub Workbook_SheetSelectionChange(ByVal Sh As Object, ByVal
Target As Range)
With Application
.CellDragAndDrop = False
.CutCopyMode = False 'Clear clipboard