Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Rothman

Default Matrix Question

As always, my knowledge is limited; however, this time doubly so.

I have a matrix of numbers like so:

K L M N O

1st # 2nd # 3rd # 4th # 5th #
5 1 0 0 0
1 5 0 0 0
1 5 6 1 0
0 3 3 6 4
0 1 3 2 3

I'd like to list all possible five-numbered "combinations" using the
following rule: You can only pick one number from each column AND row.

Any way of doing this?

Thanks yet again, very sincerely.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Rothman

I actually managed to do this in Excel, although it amounted to plugging them
out manually. Because I had multiple matrices (around 20 or so), I ensured
that my matrices were in the same cells across worksheets and then copied the
simple cell "formulas" (e.g. "=K301") accordingly.

Pain in the butt, but nevertheless a solution (and I'm still not convinced
it was the best; took too long).