Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dantheman

Default What if Formulas

I would like to be able to write a formula that would check a column
(column C row 3 thu row 445))for sets of numbers that match. If there
is a match, then go to column L of that corresponding row and add that
number found in column L and post the sum of all numbers found in
column L to cell A447. Is this possible? Can anyone Help! Thanks:)

--
Dantheman
Dantheman's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35117

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

=SUMIF(C3:C445,value_to_test_against,L3LL445)

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Dantheman" wrote
in message ...

I would like to be able to write a formula that would check a column
(column C row 3 thu row 445))for sets of numbers that match. If there
is a match, then go to column L of that corresponding row and add that
number found in column L and post the sum of all numbers found in
column L to cell A447. Is this possible? Can anyone Help! Thanks:)

--
Dantheman
Dantheman's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=548722

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dantheman

Thanks, I think we're on the right track. But my sum cell shows "0"
which can't be true. Any other ideas? Thanks.:)

--
Dantheman
Dantheman's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35117
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=548722

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

Dan,

can you show the data and your exact formula. Just type it into the message
with appropriate spacing for readability.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Dantheman" wrote