Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Toni

Default VLOOKUP specific monthly accounting data by selecting drop down li

I have created a drop down list for month's of the year and selected March
which is Month 2 in our financial year but is located in column 3.

I have been able to create a VLOOKUP formula as follows =VLOOKUP('Money &
Budgets'!D96,'Money & Budgets'!$D$95:$R$138,3,FALSE) and it works just fine.

But, I can't work out how to do the following. I want to be able to select
April in the drop down box and have my VLOOKUP search the same data but get
the answer from column 4 not column 3. I have been at this for days and am
getting nowhere.

Please help if you can.

Thanks Toni
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Marcelo

Hi Toni,

you could refer the 3 on you formula to a cell with the month you would like
to show, as your drop down box is vinculated to one cell AB1 for eg., this
cell will return one number, lets imagine that when April is selected this
return 3.
your formula could be:

=VLOOKUP('Money &
Budgets'!D96,'Money & Budgets'!$D$95:$R$138,ab1+1,FALSE)

hope this helps
Regards from Brazil
Marcelo

"Toni" escreveu:

I have created a drop down list for month's of the year and selected March
which is Month 2 in our financial year but is located in column 3.

I have been able to create a VLOOKUP formula as follows =VLOOKUP('Money &
Budgets'!D96,'Money & Budgets'!$D$95:$R$138,3,FALSE) and it works just fine.

But, I can't work out how to do the following. I want to be able to select
April in the drop down box and have my VLOOKUP search the same data but get
the answer from column 4 not column 3. I have been at this for days and am
getting nowhere.

Please help if you can.

Thanks Toni

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron Coderre

Try something like this:

With your Drop Down value in A1 (a month name: June, August, etc)

Try this formula:
=VLOOKUP('Money & Budgets'!D96,'Money &
Budgets'!$D$95:$R$138,MONTH(DATEVALUE(A1&" 1"))+1,FALSE)

Is that something you can work with?
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP