Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
polk383

Default autoupadting a counta

Hello all,

Probably something very simple here... Everyday I insert a new row of
cells and I am unable to get A55/COUNTA(B5:B57) to change from B57 to
B58 and so on. The A55 will update itself to A56 once a new row is
added but i cannot get the other part of this to update. Is there
something simple behind this or something that can be done here?
Thank you!

--
polk383
polk383's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34884

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

Why not? I just added that formula,. inserted a row after row 5 and got it
changed to

=A56/COUNTA(B5:B58)

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"polk383" wrote in
message ...

Hello all,

Probably something very simple here... Everyday I insert a new row of
cells and I am unable to get A55/COUNTA(B5:B57) to change from B57 to
B58 and so on. The A55 will update itself to A56 once a new row is
added but i cannot get the other part of this to update. Is there
something simple behind this or something that can be done here?
Thank you!

--
polk383
polk383's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=548305

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
polk383

I went back today and looked at it more closely and seen what I was
doing wrong I was adding the row after the 58... It was not being added
within the designated cells. Once updating it and adding a row within
the the designated cells all is well.

Sorry guys!

Stupidity at it's greatest!!!