Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
TonyMorcom

Default 2 days of frustration....Please help

Please help me someone.
I have a work book with 3 worksheets. 2 & 3 are complete and function
perfectly, more by trial and error than expertise.
Work sheet one is causing real problems:-

Assume the following info:

Column A Amount in £ individually from £500~£4999, duplicated by term.
Column B Term 180months,120,108,96,84,72,60,48,36 & 24.
Scenario is that for each amount in £ I need to have a term its over so
that i have entered the contents of the columns as follows
A1 500
A2 501
A3 502
etc down to
A4999
Against each row in Column B is the term so for 1st 4999 rows B shows
180, then the next 4999 B shows 120 etc)

Column C = relevant APR
Column D = relevant 1/4 term,
Column E = 1/2 term
Column F = 3/4 term.

There are a further 4 columns which are based on deferred payents
producing the corresponding values so that a formula will give a
true/false answer in figures as I have done on the other work sheets.
They were no real problem as each only the term was variable not the
amount.

I have the problem that I need to produce a formula which will generate
a result based on the entry of Amount and Term combining to give a
result from the following columns. Once I get one working I can get the
others working. Any help would be tremendously useful. To

--
TonyMorcom
TonyMorcom's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35056

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
SiC

Tony,

I'm still a bit confused about what you need help with. So you need help
with creating a 7th column, which is based on the first 6 columns you
described, is that correct? And how does the result you're looking for
relate to the 6 columns you have?

-Simon

"TonyMorcom" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
TonyMorcom

Hey Simon, Please see my thread in Miscellaneous where I have detailed
it more carefully. Tony