Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
jijy

Default Formula help

Hi,

I have 2 sheets in a workbook -Sheet 1 and sheet 2. I have data in
sheet 2 as follows:

Row ColumnA
1 data1
2 data2
3 data3

Now I want to put a formula in Sheet 1 to get the data from Sheet 2 as
follows:

Row ColumnA
1 =Sheet2!A1
2 -----
3 =Sheet2!A2 (when I copy, the formula is =Sheet2!A3)
4 -----
5 =Sheet2!A3

On sheet 1 , I am skipping a row when copying the formula and because
of this I am getting the formula all messed up.

Please help.

Thanks

--
jijy
jijy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=15042

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Elkar

In A1 use this formula:

=INDIRECT("Sheet2!A"&ROW()-INT(ROW()/2))

Then copy both A1 and A2, then paste down as far as you need.

HTH,
Elkar

"jijy" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
jijy

Thanks a lot Elkar. I have one more question, What if the data in Sheet
2 is in the range B50:B190 and I want a formula on Sheet1 starting at
Cell A5 and every other cell below it (i.e. A5, A7, A8...)

Thanks

Jijy

--
jijy