Beatriz

Default how can I skip weekends in excel?

Hello, I'm working on excel and I was trying to find out if I can skip
weekends days on excel. I could not find the properties to do so. Do you know
how to do so?

Thanks,
Beatriz
Peo Sjoblom

Look in help at networkdays and workday if you need to get a count of
workdays or a future date with weekend and holidays excluded. If you want to
create a list of dates excluding weekends, put the first date in a cell,
right click and copy down/across and when you release the mouse button select
fill weekdays

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Beatriz" wrote:

Hello, I'm working on excel and I was trying to find out if I can skip
weekends days on excel. I could not find the properties to do so. Do you know
how to do so?

Thanks,
Beatriz

CyberTaz

Hi Beatrice;

Peo's technique is correct, but I just wanted to clarify it a little. Once
you enter the starting date, make sure that is your active cell and that you
rt-clk+drag using the fill handle (lower rt corner of the cell selector).

"Beatriz" wrote:

Hello, I'm working on excel and I was trying to find out if I can skip
weekends days on excel. I could not find the properties to do so. Do you know
how to do so?

Thanks,
Beatriz

Gord Dibben

Beatriz

Depending upon what you need to do, one way would be to use the NETWORKDAYS
Function.

You have to load the Analysis Toolpak add-in to access this Function.

From Help..........

Returns the number of whole working days between start_date and end_date.
Working days exclude weekends and any dates identified in holidays.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP