Ludavhen

Default Highlighting(coloring) totals in a pivot table

Hello All,
I have a pivot table which is regularly refreshed. I want the totals (which
are in this case only in column A) to be highlighted. Is there a way to do
this? I have tried some vba but to no avail. (for your info the totals in
column A of the pivot lokk like "Energy Total" , "Gas Total" , etc)
Thanks for any tip.

Ken Wright

CTR-A

Format / Conditional formatting - Change 'Cell value is' to 'formula is' and
put in

=RIGHT($A1,5)="Total"

Hit the format button, set your format and you are done.

Now, you may prefer to select anhy one of the totals rows by hovering the
cursor just to the left of it, and left clicking. this should highlight ALL
the totals rows - set your format and it should be remembered when you
refersh, as well as be applied to any new totals values in your fields.
Personally I would go for the latter.

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

"Ludavhen" wrote in message
. nl...
Hello All,
I have a pivot table which is regularly refreshed. I want the totals

(which
are in this case only in column A) to be highlighted. Is there a way to

do
this? I have tried some vba but to no avail. (for your info the totals

in
column A of the pivot lokk like "Energy Total" , "Gas Total" , etc)
Thanks for any tip.

Ludavhen

Ken, many thanks !
Option 2 was exactly what I was looking for ! And option 1 is definetly a
helper I might in the future use.

regards.

"Ken Wright" schreef in bericht