-   -   Extract Specific Text (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/91827-extract-specific-text.html)

mjmoore

Extract Specific Text

I have a mailing list that has a line in each address that looks like the examples below:

Anchorage, AK 99523-2416

Montville, NJ 07045-9601

San Francisco, CA 94110-5368

I would like to put the state abbreviation in the column next to it so I can sort by state. Ideally I wuld like to break out the city, state and zip. The state is the essential piece.

Michael

Beege

Extract Specific Text

mjmoore

First, search/replace comma with nothing
Then, text to columns.

Beege

--
mjmoore