Hi Ho Silver

Default Edit/Find/Options/Look In/Values

When I use the Edit Menu's Find option I always have to change Look in :
Formulas to Look in :
Values. How can I change these defaults ? I am almost always looking for a
particular value as opposed to a formula. Thanks.
--
John Hanley
<<<<<<<<

Dave Peterson

Saved from a previous post:

Excel tries to help by remembering the last settings you used--except for the
first search in that session.

You can use that to your advantage.

You could make a dummy workbook and put it in your xlStart folder. Have a
macro in that workbook that does a find (and sets all the stuff the way you
like). Then closes and gets out of the way.

Option Explicit
Sub auto_open()

Worksheets("sheet1").Cells.Find What:="", After:=ActiveCell, _
LookIn:=xlValues, _
LookAt:=xlPart, SearchOrder:=xlByColumns, _
SearchDirection:=xlNext, MatchCase:=False

ThisWorkbook.Close savechanges:=False

End Sub

The workbook opens, does a find (to fix your settings) and then closes to get
out of the way.