Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ash

Default nested if

I posted eariler and no answer. How do I nest an IF function that will
read 3 different scenarios or results? Ex. If a cell in column A
contains P, then give me the charge code xxxx-xxx in cell a5 in col K.
I have three situations in this case. If you need more info, please
read my earlier posting thta reads If in three steps. Thanks a lot for
your help

--
Ash
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Nested if is the same as a non nested if, in that you test a condition,
if true do one action, if false do another - for nested if statements,
the false is another if statement

so

=if(test1=true,1,if(test2=true,2,if(test3=true,3," no conditions are
true")))

would test three conditions and return the result of whichever one is
true first OR display no conditions are true if they all fail

obviously replace test1=true etc with the actual test you want to carry
out.