Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
yairl

Default 2 questions about IF

Hey guys,
I've been working in the last few hours on an excel form for work, and
I have 2 questions about operations I don't know how to perform:

1. This is the command i have in cell B10:
IF(b2=$b$6,b10+1)
I just want to add 1 to B10 if the condition fulfills. It doesn't work
- do you know why?

2. I need to combine 2 different IF commands into one cell (I can't and
don't want to combine them into one nested IF). is it possible?

Thanks ahead.

--
yairl
yairl's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34953

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Marcelo

Hi

Your formula makes reference to its result, excel can't solve it,

you can use various if at the same formula

IF(conditional,action if is true, action if is false), so any action could
be another if

regards
Marcelo

"yairl" escreveu:

Hey guys,
I've been working in the last few hours on an excel form for work, and
I have 2 questions about operations I don't know how to perform:

1. This is the command i have in cell B10:
IF(b2=$b$6,b10+1)
I just want to add 1 to B10 if the condition fulfills. It doesn't work
- do you know why?

2. I need to combine 2 different IF commands into one cell (I can't and
don't want to combine them into one nested IF). is it possible?

Thanks ahead.

--
yairl
yairl's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34953
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=546866

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

"yairl" wrote in
message ...

Hey guys,
I've been working in the last few hours on an excel form for work, and
I have 2 questions about operations I don't know how to perform:

1. This is the command i have in cell B10:
IF(b2=$b$6,b10+1)
I just want to add 1 to B10 if the condition fulfills. It doesn't work
- do you know why?

You are trying to store a value in B10, and put a formula in it as well. You
can one or the other, not both. Use an extra column.

2. I need to combine 2 different IF commands into one cell (I can't and
don't want to combine them into one nested IF). is it possible?

=IF(OR(A1=17,B1="No"),"yes","no")

but why not nest them?