Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
milsupport

Default Rounding up Formula

I am trying to round currency figures up and down to the nearest
5pence/10pence etc etc How do I round up to these. What is the formula
I need to use. Please Help!!

--
milsupport
milsupport's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34945

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

=ROUND(A1/5,0)*5
=ROUND(A1,-1)

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"milsupport" wrote
in message ...

I am trying to round currency figures up and down to the nearest
5pence/10pence etc etc How do I round up to these. What is the formula
I need to use. Please Help!!

--
milsupport
milsupport's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=546800

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
milsupport

No, how does that go =ROUND...... Brackets?? 0.5?

Regards

--
milsupport
milsupport's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34945
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=546800

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Marcelo

for eg

if you have an amount as $123,14, and you would like to round to $123,10

just =round(123,14,1)

regards

"milsupport" escreveu:

No, how does that go =ROUND...... Brackets?? 0.5?

Regards

--
milsupport
milsupport's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34945
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=546800

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
milsupport

Ok still not sure and cant get it to work, for example I have (Starting
in A1)

11.47
15.59
14.44

Wanting to round up to teh nearest 5 PENCE

To read in B1 etc

11.50
15.60
14.45

And so on

Cant get my head round it

Regards

milsupport
milsupport's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34945
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=546800

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

=ROUND(A1*20,0)/20

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"milsupport" wrote
in message ...

Ok still not sure and cant get it to work, for example I have (Starting
in A1)

11.47
15.59
14.44

Wanting to round up to teh nearest 5 PENCE

To read in B1 etc

11.50
15.60
14.45

And so on

Cant get my head round it

Regards

milsupport
milsupport's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=546800

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hello Bob,

Shorter :-)

=ROUND(A1*2,1)/2

or

=ROUND(A1/5,2)*5

Have fun,
Bernd

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

I was being pedantic Bernd <g. Following the actual logic of the process.
Need to step back.

I think your second version is the best, it easily translates to other
thresholds.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips