Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Excel_seek_help

Default Convert 1934 minutes into 32Hour 14Minutes

Hi,

How can I convert the row total of 1934 minutes into 32 hours 14 minutes? I
used Time(0,0,0) and it came up with 8:14:00. I checked and found the system
had brought 1440 minutes to zero already because it's 24 hours.

Also, how can I round up seconds to minute?

Your reply is appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron Coderre

Try this:

A1: 1934
B1: =A1/(24*60)
Number Format B1 is
Category: Time
Type: 37:30:55

Does that help?
***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"Excel_seek_help" wrote:

Hi,

How can I convert the row total of 1934 minutes into 32 hours 14 minutes? I
used Time(0,0,0) and it came up with 8:14:00. I checked and found the system
had brought 1440 minutes to zero already because it's 24 hours.

Also, how can I round up seconds to minute?

Your reply is appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Excel_seek_help

Great! That helps.

How can I round up the seconds to minute and minutes to hour?

"Ron Coderre" wrote:

Try this:

A1: 1934
B1: =A1/(24*60)
Number Format B1 is
Category: Time
Type: 37:30:55

Does that help?
***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"Excel_seek_help" wrote:

Hi,

How can I convert the row total of 1934 minutes into 32 hours 14 minutes? I
used Time(0,0,0) and it came up with 8:14:00. I checked and found the system
had brought 1440 minutes to zero already because it's 24 hours.

Also, how can I round up seconds to minute?

Your reply is appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron Coderre

If you want to round the B1 value UP to the next hour, try this:

A1: 1934
B1: =CEILING(A1/(24*60),1/24)

B1 equates to 33:00:00, instead of 32:14:00

Does that help?
***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"Excel_seek_help" wrote:

Great! That helps.

How can I round up the seconds to minute and minutes to hour?

"Ron Coderre" wrote:

Try this:

A1: 1934
B1: =A1/(24*60)