Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
broush

Default How do I count non-contiguous cells?

I am trying to use the countif function to add non-contigous cells but I am
getting an error. I want to count 4 cells on a sheet that have a value
greater than 0.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gary''s Student

COUNTIF() doesn't work on disjoint ranges. The usual approach is to use
several COUNTIF()'s and add them up.
--
Gary's Student

"broush" wrote:

I am trying to use the countif function to add non-contigous cells but I am
getting an error. I want to count 4 cells on a sheet that have a value
greater than 0.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CLR

Assign a RangeName to your non-contiguious range and try this......

=COUNT(YourRangeName)

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"broush" wrote:

I am trying to use the countif function to add non-contigous cells but I am
getting an error. I want to count 4 cells on a sheet that have a value
greater than 0.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Domenic

Here's another way...