Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ms filterkey

Default How do you turn off a FilterKey?

I held the shift key down too long. Now every time I click on a cell it
highlights a whole group of cells. Also when I go to "file, open" and click
on the last file name it highlights all of the files. How do I change it back
to getting just one cell at a time?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Biff

Hi!

Try this:

This is an operating system function, so:

Goto StartControl PanelAccessibility OptionsKeyboard tab

If, Use sticky keys is checked, uncheck it and OK out.

Biff

"Ms filterkey" <Ms wrote in message
I held the shift key down too long. Now every time I click on a cell it
highlights a whole group of cells. Also when I go to "file, open" and
click
on the last file name it highlights all of the files. How do I change it
back
to getting just one cell at a time?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Norman Jones

Hi Ms Filterkey,

Try:

Windows | Start | Control Panel | Accessibility Options | Accessibility

Deselect any selected options

---
Regards,
Norman

"Ms filterkey" <Ms wrote in message
I held the shift key down too long. Now every time I click on a cell it
highlights a whole group of cells. Also when I go to "file, open" and
click
on the last file name it highlights all of the files. How do I change it
back
to getting just one cell at a time?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Corey

To turn Off/On: Sticky keys:
PRESS SHIFT 5 times in quick succession.

Corey....

Windows | Start | Control Panel | Accessibility Options | Accessibility

Deselect any selected options

---
Regards,
Norman

"Ms filterkey" <Ms wrote in message
I held the shift key down too long. Now every time I click on a cell it
highlights a whole group of cells. Also when I go to "file, open" and
click
on the last file name it highlights all of the files. How do I change it
back
to getting just one cell at a time?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Norman Jones

Hi Corey,

Given the OP's choice of soubriquet and thread title, I suspect that at
least one other option may require amendment.

---
Regards,
Norman