Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave

Default Sumif

Is there a way to add alternate columns in a row of numbers? I need to add
the value in Column H, J, L, N etc to IV.

Dave

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ardus Petus

=SUM(IF(MOD(COLUMN(H1:IV1),2)=0,H1:IV1))
Array formula, to be validated wit Ctrl+Shift+Enter, not just Enter

HTH
--
AP

"Dave" a écrit dans le message de
news: ...
Is there a way to add alternate columns in a row of numbers? I need to
add the value in Column H, J, L, N etc to IV.

Dave

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Biff

Hi!

Try this:

Sums every other cell starting from H1 to IV1.

=SUMPRODUCT(--(MOD(COLUMN(H1:IV1)-COLUMN(H1),2)=0),H1:IV1)

Biff

"Dave" wrote in message
Is there a way to add alternate columns in a row of numbers? I need to
add the value in Column H, J, L, N etc to IV.

Dave

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave

Ardus

Thanks, that works great!

Dave

"Ardus Petus" wrote in message
=SUM(IF(MOD(COLUMN(H1:IV1),2)=0,H1:IV1))
Array formula, to be validated wit Ctrl+Shift+Enter, not just Enter

HTH
--
AP

"Dave" a écrit dans le message de
news: ...
Is there a way to add alternate columns in a row of numbers? I need to
add the value in Column H, J, L, N etc to IV.

Dave

How to use SUMIF to return sums between two values located in cells ScottBerger Excel Worksheet Functions 2 April 23rd 23 09:05 PM
Sumif of Sumif perhaps? Fred Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 March 29th 06 05:39 PM
SUMIF Ferg Excel Worksheet Functions 3 February 28th 06 03:37 AM
SUMIF with Mutiple Ranges & Criteria PokerZan Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 5 August 4th 05 10:31 PM
SUMIF - Range name to used for the "sum_range" portion of a SUMIF function Oscar Excel Worksheet Functions 2 January 11th 05 11:01 PM