Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Clark

Default hyperlink cells between workbooks

Can I create a HYPERLINK from one WORKBOOK to ANOTHER WORKBOOK? I don't want
just a regular link that returns the value of the second workbook, but I want
users to be able to click on the cell/text and go to that second workbook.

Would it be a MACRO?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gary''s Student

Hi Clark:

You don't need a macro. Say you have two workbooks on you desktop:
Book1.xls & Book2.xls

open Book1.xls and in an un-used cell:
Insert Hyperlink and select Existing File and browse to the desktop
Then select Book2 as the link target

When you click on the hyperlink in Book1, it will take you to Book2.
It will open Book2 if it is not already open.

--
Gary's Student