Dave

Default Excel Miscalculates simple formula..Help!!

Ok I have a situation where I do all my invoices in Excel.
I've noticed a difference in calculation between excel and quickbooks over
time but can't figure it out. A simple calculation like 1.96 x 1040 =
2031something instead of 2038.40. It is consistent throughout the worksheet
in other formulas.
I have checked tools<options<calculation and everything seems cool. Even
reinstalled Office, it worked fine once then went back doing the old
miscalulations. Any suggestions?
JulieD

Hi Dave

i'm guessing a rounding error .. it is possible that you're only seeing
1.96, when the cell contains another number e.g. 1.95632 ... right mouse
click on the cell in question, choose format cells and then click on GENERAL
on the number tab .. .is the number you're seeing in the cell rounded?

Cheers
JulieD