Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ash

Default password protect column

How do you protect a column by a password once it is hidden. I have a
spreadsheet that I have to share with others (send as attachment) and
there is a piece of info in a column that has to be
protected.Absolutely protected.

--
Ash
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben

Ash

You can hide the column then go to ToolsProtectionProtect Worksheet but
Excel's internal worksheet and workbook protection is very weak and passwords
easily cracked.

The general rule is........if you don't want someone to see data, do not include
that data in the file you send.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP